Want to learn how to make a Paloma? This fizzy, citrusy tequila cocktail is great any day of the week. If you haven’t tried it before, you’ll soon learn that tequila and grapefruit are a wonderful combination!
La Paloma is Spanish for “the dove.” Some people believe it was named after a folk song of the same name. Regardless of its origins, this cocktail made with tequila, lime, and grapefruit soda is incredibly delicious.
We are building this drink directly in the serving glass, so we only need a few tools. If you don’t have some of these tools, then check out our barware kits.
- Jigger – to measure the ingredients
- Knife – to cut the citrus
- Hand Juicer – to juice the citrus
- Bar spoon – to stir the cocktail
- Serving Glass – to serve the cocktail (for this cocktail, we recommend a Collins glass)
- 2 oz tequila (check out our buying guide for some recommendations)
- 0.75 oz lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 oz grapefruit soda (we recommend Jarritos)
- Lime wedge (for the garnish)
- Fill the serving glass with ice (we recommend several small to medium size cubes)
- Build the cocktail in the glass by adding the tequila, lime juice, and salt directly to the serving glass
- Top the cocktail with grapefruit soda
- Stir gently in the serving glass
- Cut a wedge of lime, and garnish your drink with it
- Serve and enjoy!