Are you in the mood for a margarita, but want to try something smoky and new? You should try making a Mezcal Ginger Margarita. In this recipe, we swap out tequila for mezcal (to give the drink a nice smoky flavor) and orange liqueur for ginger liqueur (which adds a nice zing). The lime juice stays.
Mezcal Ginger Margarita
This smoky, complex, spirit-forward cocktail is sure to delight. If you want to spice it up a bit, then consider adding a pepper slice when shaking.
This is a shaken cocktail, so you’re going to need the basics for any shaken drink. If you don’t have some of these tools, then check out our barware kits.
- Jigger – to measure the ingredients
- Knife and Hand Juicer – to cut and juice the citrus
- Cocktail Shaker – to shake the ingredients with ice
- Hawthorne Strainer – to strain the cocktail into your serving glass
- Serving Glass – to serve the cocktail (for this cocktail, we recommend a margarita glass or martini glass)
- 1.5 oz mezcal (check out our buying guide for some recommendations)
- 1 oz ginger liqueur (Domaine de Canton)
- 0.75 oz lime juice
- Combine all of the ingredients into your cocktail shaker
- Shake with ice
- Strain into your serving glass
- Garnish with a lime wheel (optional)
- Serve and enjoy!